Bodrum Airport to Villa Gelincik
* Exit Milas airport, follow the blue signs for Mugla/Milas (road D.330)
* Pass through Milas main intersection
* Follow blue signs for Yatagan/Mugla (road D.330)
* Pass by village of Karalti (22kms past Milas)
* 32kms after Milas you will pass a large power station on your left
* If you have time on your side, and would like to visit a ancient site, try visiting the ancient site of Stratoniceia. Located in and around the abandoned village of Eskihisar (around 3kms before the power station). Highlights include a theatre and huge gladiator gymnasium.
* Follow blue sign to Mugla
* Drive through Yatagan town centre (too many traffic lights!)
* Outside Yatagan, follow blue sign for Mugla/Marmaris taking the right hand lane
* Pass a blue sign with Mugla 26kms (road D.550)
* Pass by the villages, Bozarmut, Bayir, Salihpasalar and Akcaoga
* At roundabout before Mugla, take the right hand road that’s says Ula/Marmaris (you are now 60kms past Milas)
* At the next roundabout, take the right hand road that says Marmaris/Antalya
* Past blue sign that says Marmaris 51kms (road D. 550)
* Pass by villages Ula and Kizilagac
* Blue sign says Marmaris 39kms
* From here you will start to descend down a large hill into the Gokova area
* At the bottom of the hill there is a junction, turn right for Marmaris/Datca Marmaris is 29kms
* You will pass through the village of Gokce and through a Jandarma (military) check point. You will need to show your passports, car documents and hire car papers if your car is stopped, so keep them handy.
* As you enter Marmaris you need to stay on the main loop road and follow the blue signs for Bozburun/Datca
* If you are on the correct exit road from Marmaris, you will notice a large supermarket on your right called CARREFOUR (a good place to stop and get your groceries).
* As you leave Marmaris you will climb up a large hill. After 15 minutes you will drive through a village called Degrimenyani. There is a petrol station on your left before the village.
* 1km past Degirmenyani, there is a junction with large blue signs. Turn LEFT, for Selimiye (31 kms from this point)
* Follow this road through the villages of Hisaronu, Orhaniye and Turgut (20 minutes).
* The main road bypasses Turgut - follow the sign to Bozburun
* 2 kms past Turgut, and at the top of a hill there is a T junction. Turn RIGHT for Bozburun/Selimiye
* At the bottom of the hill is the coastal road - the Aegean Sea is on your right.
* Drive for 5 to 7 minutes (check out the views!) then you will see the sign for Selimiye Village.
* Don't take the road that drops down to the village centre, but continue up the hill towards Bozburun.
* After 1 km you will pass a construction/stones depot on your left, called "Selimiye Insaat".
* Follow the main road for another 400 metres, just before the main road goes into a sweeping left hand corner you will notice a small road straight ahead. If you miss this turn you will see a small hotel on your right called, "Swan Lake". Turnaround.
* Take this road slowly as it is quite narrow at the top. After 30 metres drive, the start of the road for Villa Gelincik is a loose gravel area on your left. The concrete road is small and goes up the left hand side of the first “house” you see, beside a blue water depot.
* Although the road is completely concreted, it's steep so not everyone will be comfortable driving up. Please make contact with US (0530 6624589) before attempting the climb! Villa Gelincik is right at the top, on the right. There is enough space for 1 car at the villa, but it is perfectly OK to park down at the bottom.