Bodrum Airport to Villa Gelincik
* Exit Milas airport, follow the blue signs for Mugla/Milas (road D.330)
* Pass through Milas main intersection
* Follow blue signs for Yatagan/Mugla (road D.330)
* Pass by village of Karalti (22kms past Milas)
* 32kms after Milas you will pass a large power station on your left
* If you have time on your side, and would like to visit a ancient site, try visiting the ancient site of Stratoniceia. Located in and around the abandoned village of Eskihisar (around 3kms before the power station). Highlights include a theatre and huge gladiator gymnasium.
* Follow blue sign to Mugla
* Drive through Yatagan town centre (too many traffic lights!)
* Outside Yatagan, follow blue sign for Mugla/Marmaris taking the right hand lane
* Pass a blue sign with Mugla 26kms (road D.550)
* Pass by the villages, Bozarmut, Bayir, Salihpasalar and Akcaoga
* At roundabout before Mugla, take the right hand road that’s says Ula/Marmaris (you are now 60kms past Milas)
* At the next roundabout, take the right hand road that says Marmaris/Antalya
* Past blue sign that says Marmaris 51kms (road D. 550)
* Pass by villages Ula and Kizilagac
* Blue sign says Marmaris 39kms
* From here you will start to descend down a large hill into the Gokova area
* At the bottom of the hill there is a junction, turn right for Marmaris/Datca Marmaris is 29kms
* You will pass through the village of Gokce and through a Jandarma (military) check point. You will need to show your passports, car documents and hire car papers if your car is stopped, so keep them handy.
* As you enter Marmaris you need to stay on the main loop road and follow the blue signs for Bozburun/Datca
* If you are on the correct exit road from Marmaris, you will notice a large supermarket on your right called Kipa (a good place to stop and get your groceries).
* As you leave Marmaris you will climb up a large hill. After 15 minutes you will drive through a village called Degrimenyani. There is a petrol station on your left before the village.
* 1km past Degirmenyani, there is a junction with large blue signs. Turn LEFT, for Selimiye (31 kms from this point)
* Follow this road through the villages of Hisaronu, Orhaniye and Turgut (20 minutes).
* The main road bypasses Turgut - follow the sign to Bozburun
* 2 kms past Turgut, and at the top of a hill there is a T junction. Turn RIGHT for Bozburun/Selimiye
* At the bottom of the hill is the coastal road - the Aegean Sea is on your right.
* Drive for 5 to 7 minutes (check out the views!) then you will see the sign for Selimiye Village.
* Don't take the road that drops down to the village centre, but continue up the hill towards Bozburun.
* After 1 km you will pass a construction/stones depot on your left, called "Selimiye Insaat".
* Follow the main road for another 400 metres, just before the main road goes into a sweeping left hand corner you will notice a small road straight ahead. If you miss thius turn you will see a small hotel on your right called, "Swan Lake". Turnaround.
* Take this road slowly as it is quite narrow at the top. After 30 metres drive, the start of the road for Villa Gelincik is a loose gravel area on your left. The concrete road is small and goes up the left hand side of the first “house” you see, beside a blue water depot.
* Although the road is completely concreted, it's steep so not everyone will be comfortable driving up. Please make contact with Gary before attempting the climb! There is enough space for 1 car at the villa, but it is perfectly ok to park down at the bottom.