Dalaman Airport to Villa Gelincik
*From Dalaman Airport, you will pass through the outskirts of Dalaman town for about 10 minutes, until you come to a roundabout with traffic lights. Turn LEFT and follow the signs to the city Mugla. (You will actually turn off for Marmaris later, before getting to Mugla).
* Pass by the small towns/villages of Ortaca and Koycegiz. Stay on the dual carriage way.
* After approximately 1 hour you will reach a junction/roundabout with traffic lights. Turn LEFT onto the Marmaris road. You are about 20 minutes from Marmaris at this point.
* You will pass through the village of Gokce and through a Jandarma (military) check point. You will need to show your passports, car documents and hire car papers if your car is stopped, so keep them handy.
* As you enter Marmaris you need to stay on the main loop road and follow the blue signs for Bozburun/Datca/Knidos
* If you are on the correct exit road from Marmaris, you will notice a large supermarket on your right called KIPA (a good place to stop and get your groceries).
* As you leave Marmaris you will climb up a large hill. After 15 minutes you will drive through a village called Degirmenyani. There is a BP petrol station on your left before the village.
* 1km past Degirmenyani, there is a junction with large blue signs. Turn LEFT, for Selimiye (31 kms from this point)
* Follow this road through the villages of Hisaronu, Orhaniye and Turgut (20 minutes).
* The main road bypasses Turgut - follow the sign to Bozburun.
* 2 kms past Turgut, and at the top of a hill there is a T junction. Turn RIGHT for Bozburun/Selimiye.
* At the bottom of the hill is the coastal road - the Aegean Sea is on your right.
* Drive for 5 to 7 minutes (check out the views!) then you will see the sign for Selimiye Village.
* Don't take the road that drops down to the village centre, but continue up the hill towards Bozburun.
* After 1 km you will pass a construction/stones depot on your left, called "Selimiye Insaat".
* Follow the main road for another 400 metres, just before the main road goes into a sweeping left hand corner you will notice a small road straight ahead.
* Take this road slowly as it is quite narrow at the top. After 30 metres drive, the start of the road for Villa Gelincik is a loose gravel area on your left. The concrete road is small and goes up the left hand side of the first “house” you see, beside a blue water depot.
* Although the road is completely concreted, it's steep so not everyone will be comfortable driving up. Please make contact with Gary before attempting the climb! There is enough space for 1 car at the villa, but it is perfectly ok to park down at the bottom.