Dalaman Airport to Villa Gelincik
*From Dalaman Airport, you will pass through the outskirts of Dalaman town for about 10 minutes, until you come to a roundabout with traffic lights. Turn LEFT and follow the signs to the city Mugla. (You will actually turn off for Marmaris later, before getting to Mugla).
* Pass by the small towns/villages of Ortaca and Koycegiz. Stay on the dual carriage way.
* After approximately 1 hour you will reach a junction/roundabout with traffic lights. Turn LEFT onto the Marmaris road. You are about 20 minutes from Marmaris at this point.
* You will pass through the village of Gokce and through a Jandarma (military) check point. You will need to show your passports, car documents and hire car papers if your car is stopped, so keep them handy.
* As you enter Marmaris you need to stay on the main loop road and follow the blue signs for Bozburun/Datca/Knidos
* If you are on the correct exit road from Marmaris, you will notice a large supermarket on your right called CARREFOUR (a good place to stop and get your groceries).
* As you leave Marmaris you will climb up a large hill. After 15 minutes you will drive through a village called Degirmenyani. There is a BP petrol station on your left before the village.
* 1km past Degirmenyani, there is a junction with large blue signs. Turn LEFT, for Selimiye (31 kms from this point)
* Follow this road through the villages of Hisaronu, Orhaniye and Turgut (20 minutes).
* The main road bypasses Turgut - follow the sign to Bozburun.
* 2 kms past Turgut, and at the top of a hill there is a T junction. Turn RIGHT for Bozburun/Selimiye.
* At the bottom of the hill is the coastal road - the Aegean Sea is on your right.
* Drive for 5 to 7 minutes (check out the views!) then you will see the sign for Selimiye Village.
* Don't take the road that drops down to the village centre, but continue up the hill towards Bozburun.
* After 1 km you will pass a construction/stones depot on your left, called "Selimiye Insaat".
* Follow the main road for another 400 metres, just before the main road goes into a sweeping left hand corner you will notice a small road straight ahead.
* Take this road slowly as it is quite narrow at the top. After 30 metres drive, the start of the road for Villa Gelincik is a loose gravel area on your left. The concrete road is small and goes up the left hand side of the first “house” you see, beside a blue water depot.
* Although the road is completely concreted, it's steep so not everyone will be comfortable driving up. Please make contact with us (0530 6624589) before attempting the climb! Villa Gelincik is right at the top, on the right. There is enough space for 1 car at the villa, but it is perfectly OK to park down at the bottom.